Sparky's Shocks

Thursday, February 09, 2006

PICtastic


I just started playing with PIC microcontrolers last month and I have to say I'm thrilled with the relatively easy learning process. These little chips are inexpensive and full of power. As with a new car you tend to start noticing who else is driving the same model, I've started to notice where PIC's are showing up in my life. I opened up a shopping cart wheel the other day and found that it was controlled by a PIC12C508A, more on that project to come. So far I've experimented with inputs and outputs. My attempts at implementing PWM were interesting. I'm using the PIC16F767 for my basic projects. I will, however, be moving up to the C programmable chips. While assembly is pretty simple I should learn a higher language. If anyone tends to drop by here and has some helpful info on PICs, let me know. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home